Tracy Police Department received 133 reports about fireworks on July 4, with the highest concentration of calls coming in between 8 and 11 p.m.
The 106 calls complaining about fireworks in that three-hour time frame included:
• A report of teens drinking alcohol while setting off fireworks.
• A man who reported that fireworks debris fell on his 3-year-old son.
• A person who said fireworks debris was raining down on neighboring houses.
• A woman who reported that her husband was burned by neighbors’ fireworks.
• A man who said his neighbors launched fireworks at his car and garage.
There was also at least one report of a missing dog, plus several reports of fires, including these:
• A house on fire on the 8800 block of West Linne Road.
• A backyard on fire in the area of Bridle Creek Circle and Joe Pombo Parkway.
• Palm trees on fire on the 100 block of Valpico Road.
• A trash bin on fire at the Chesapeake Bay apartments on the 2900 block of West Lowell Avenue.
• A fire at Clyde Bland Park at the end of West Lowell Avenue.
• A fire along the railroad tracks near the 2600 block of Byron Road.