Dr. Leroy G. Leal, 102, a longtime Tracy dentist and one of the founders of Tracy Golf and Country Club in 1955, died Wednesday morning at Brookdale Tracy Senior Living. Born in Merced on June 14, 1916, he was a 1933 graduate of Tracy High School who received his dental degree from the University of California School of Dentistry in 1940. After serving as a dentist with the rank of major in the Army Air Corps during World War II, he opened his dental practice in Tracy in 1946 and retired in 1986. He continued playing golf until he was 101. A rosary service will begin at 7 p.m. May 9 at Fry Memorial Chapel and a Mass will be celebrated at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church on May 10 at 11 a.m. Burial will be in Tracy Cemetery.
- Homicide victim found in Carlton Way apartment
- Tracy council sets guidelines for flag displays
- Police Log: Corral Hollow rollover injures one
- Tracy festa festivities set for the weekend
- Multiple gunshots fired on West Street; one man hurt
- Classmates sought for 50th reunion
- Fallout from anti-crime event shapes parks policy
- Man arrested after standoff with police
- Fireworks booths to open Thursday
- School modernization campaign nearing end
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
News Updates Tracy Press
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!